Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's been awhile...

My boyfriend turned the ripe old age of 28 this past weekend.  His birthday wish was to have a big cookie cake so essentially, I made that my mission.  I woke up early and headed out to our local grocery store to get the job done.  I made my way to the bakery with my plan in mind!  A lovely girl greeted me and asked what exactly I was looking for.  I told her that it was my boyfriend's birthday and it was actually going to be his last one before he left to deploy over seas.  She then looked at me with the saddest face and patted me on the shoulder.  The whole conversation, she would talk and then look like she was about to cry and then would say how sorry she was and then would pat me on the back again. Throughout the conversation, she would continually do this.  Finally towards the end of my order she said how sad she was that my boyfriend had to deploy on his birthday!  Bless her, I had to tell her all over again that it was his last one before he left.  My complete order of the cookie cake was round, with NO icing covering the cake, except for a border around it.  Icing balloons on the top with the words,"Happy Birthday" written across it. The colors were suppose to be Carolina Gamecock colors. Then she suggested sprinkles so I went along with it. 
 My order was suppose to be done by noon and they were to call me when they got finished.  No phone call ever came so I headed back that way a few hours later and picked up the cake that said my name.  This is what I got....
Not what I ordered at all!  I didn't have time to change it so I just had to go with it.  Although the cookie was not what I wanted at all, it still was VERY yummy! Bless my boyfriend, he loved it anyway :)



No comments:

Post a Comment